October 5, 2021
Microsoft just release its new version of Windows. You can now download Windows 11 if your hardware is compatible. If you have just bought a new machine with Windows 10 on it then you should be able to upgrade to Windows 11 today.
If you don’t have a recent machine you will have to wait a little, the rollout for windows 11 might take some time as Microsoft says, “We expect all eligible Windows 10 devices to be offered the upgrade to Windows 11 by mid-2022.” All new and eligible machine for windows 11 will start to upgrade as today.
To check if your machine can upgrade to windows 11 today follow the next steps:
- Always back up your files before any major upgrade (documents, date and apps)
- On your machine Running Windows 10, go to your Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update
- Click on Check the updates
- If the free Widows 11 upgrade is compatible with your device, you will see an option to download and install it.
- Click ‘Download and Install” and follow the on-screen instructions
If the upgrade doesn’t appear on your screen it means your machine will have to wait for the gradual release of windows 11 and to be compatible with your system.
free, upgrade, windows, windows 11